That's ok it my first time dealing with them.

That's why I decided to copy the objects over from the old box rather than recreate then to make sure I had same definitions. The N does look odd but again I just took it as it exists so therefore this must have been asked for and is correct. I do know it's for our Spanish users but that is all. I thought maybe the N stood for something like *NONE but it doesn't appear to. Note, field was originally 9,2 but has just changed to 11,2 - the edit code seems to work for both definitions on our old box.

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Luis Rodriguez
Sent: 28 September 2009 21:29
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Problems User define edit codes

Stephen,

My apologies if I'm insistent on the syntax part. I have done some tests here and I have not found any problems but, Did you check if the INTMASK and FRACMASK parms have the proper length? It seems to me that the INTMASK is little long (they should be 9 and 2 spaces, respectively).

Also, just curious, Why a 'N' as a decimal point?

It has been a long time since I last worked with User defined edit codes, so I must been missing a lot of possibilities.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez
IBM Certified Systems Expert - eServer i5 iSeries