Krunal

Is your field a key field? FTP does not sort anything - it takes what you have and transfers it as it is. But if the file is indexed on a field, it will be sent in the order of that key field. I believe so, anyhow.

I'm not sure what you mean by "hex value".

Be sure to use the ascii ftp subcommand when transferring the data. Not binary.

Can you show us what you are seeing? Paste a few rows of the text file into your post, please.

Vern

krunal Asodiya wrote:
HI friends,
I am facing problem in sorting of PF.

I have one PF , which i had define only one field .

Now , i write in this PF through RPGLE Program .

after this , i have to FTP this file to desktop on .TXT format , but when i
open the file , it's sow me the sorted data by it's hex value.

I want the data as it is as , i added in PF through RPGLE Program (same
sequence ) without any sorting .

How can i do this?

Plz suggest me

Thanks and Regards,