Earlier I posted that you could pass along the *OMIT's to PGM C, but now
that I think about it, *OMIT has no address or pointer, so you probably
cannot pass those on. You'll have to evaluate the situation in the
RouterPgm, and then you'll just be passing MyParm1 and ErrorMessage to Pgm
C.

David FOXWELL
<David.FOXWELL@ag
ipi.com> To
Sent by: RPG programming on the IBM i /
rpg400-l-bounces@ System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange.com cc

Fax to
09/15/2009 10:19
AM Subject
OPTIONS(*OMIT)?

Please respond to
RPG programming
on the IBM i /
System i
<rpg400-l@midrang
e.com>

Hi can someone help me out with this?

A program calls a router program with the name of the program to be called
by the router plus other optional parameters.

I wanted to configure the router program to accept several other parameters
conditioned by OPTIONS(*OMIT).

Example

In Pgm A
CallP RouterPgm ( PgmID : *OMIT : *OMIT : MyParm1 : ErrorMessage );

In Pgm B
CallP RouterPgm ( PgmID : MyParm1 : MyParm2 : MyParm3 : ErrorMessage );

*OMIT is being used when the parameters have no relevance in the calling
program.

In the example of Pgm A, if PgmId= Pgm C, how would you code that program's
prototype?

Maybe *OMIT is not a good idea.