Hi Ash,

Why not set up the Java program on the PC as a web service? That seems to be the modern approach to this type of application.

If it really must be invoked as a normal program, you could use the RUNRMTCMD command or the rexec() API. These two tools speak the same network protocol, but the API lets you get the information straight back into your RPG program, whereas the CMD sends it's output to the spool -- so you have to copy it back to a PF and read it into your RPG program. RUNRMTCMD/rexec is plaintext and unencrypted, though.

The SSH program from OpenSSH (available in PASE via 5733-SC1) allows a remote command to be run on another system via a protected/encrypted connection. However, I don't know how to run an SSH daemon on Windows (it's probably possible, but is something I've never looked into, since we don't use Windows in that capacity here.) I've used it against a FreeBSD server and it works very nicely as well.

Good luck

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
HiIs it possible to call java program on PC from RPGLE or CL program,

What i want to do is to get the windows networking user id used to login in
my RPG program,

I can have a local java program which can return the windows user id, but
can i call this program to get this information from AS400?

I already have a program which will open internet explorer on PC from AS400
(runs in client access) using STRPCO and STRPCCMD, but this is only to pass
information from AS400 to windows, but i would like to get response from
windows back to AS400.

Is this possible to do so?

Ash