On 5-Aug-09, at 5:23 AM, rpg400-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But my first attempt with the PGMINFO(*PCML) parameter didn't quite work. Despite a pretty XML document being produced, I get an error *RNF0319 ( error generating information ) and the object is not created.
It seems I can't put a date field in a parameter list :

<data name="ANEDTDL" type="" length="10" usage="inputoutput" />
- <!-- Erreur : type de donn{es non admis (E) -->

Any idea why?

I can't recall the full list, but there are a few data types that PCML does not support.

If I recall PCML was originally invented to help describe parameters to the Java toolbox program call mechanism. Java doesn't support the DB2 native date type and so there is no support for ii. I _think_ that some things that were originally not supported have been added to PCML over the years but dates haven't made it. Don't know why - perhaps Barbara or Bruce might have an answer.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com