I have already submitted a PMR for this, and there is supposed to be an APAR for this problem but at the moment there is no target date.

The problem is that I am passing several arrays of Java string objects and integers to a method. The %SubArr bif works correctly if I hard code a literal as the third parameter, only the specified number of elements of the arrays are passed to the method, but if a variable is use as the third parameter the whole array is passed no mater what the variable value is.

The method prototype and the method calls are here:
http://code.midrange.com/80cabeb44f.html

What I need is a work around so that the called method receives only the initialized array elements. I would think I could create another Java method and pass it the count of initialized elements and the arrays, do an equivalent of SubArr in java and then call the original method but I have not had much success finding what I think I need.

If anyone has any ideas on how to code a "SubArr" java method interface or another possibility to work around this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Duane Christen

--

[http://www.paetec.com/eSignature/My_PAETEC_signature_r1_c1.gif]