I am trying to create a procedure that receives up to 7 parmeters. The
first 2 will always be passed. For the last 5 parms I want to be able
to pass only 1 in any position

So if I have a PR like
P S#CHKUSR B Export
D S#CHKUSR PI N
D UserProfile 10A
D AppSys 5A
D EcisSsn 1A OPTIONS(*OMIT)
D ThrdSsn 1A OPTIONS(*OMIT)
D PrSsn 1A OPTIONS(*OMIT)
D BnkID 1A OPTIONS(*OMIT)
D FedId 1A OPTIONS(*OMIT)

C eval retfield = S#chkusr(USR:DEPT:F1
C :*OMIT:*OMIT:*OMIT:*OMIT)

I might only want to pass BnkID or in my example I only want to pass
ECISSSN.

I have tried combinations of *OMIT, and *NOPASS but I keep getting
pointer not set.
Maybe I can't use *OMIT this way. At any rate, I want to understand it
better.

Thanks
Mike