I don't see the big deal....

You obviously need some process that fills in the limits file...

Instead of writing out the limits file, simply call an RPGLE procedure
( or SQLRPGLE) that processes a single range at a time.

Tada, you're done.

Only only thing would be if for instance you wanted totals across all
ranges. Either return the values from each range and total in the
calling proc or encapsulate the whole process and make use of
protected module level variables to store/return the totals.

Charles