From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bryce Martin
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:52 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: More than 80 columns

Asher,
Did you truly NOT understand anything I've said? Or do you just feel
like
being a dick?

You made yourself look like an ass because I'm pretty sure everyone else

understood the following already...
A. I'm talking about coding out past the 80th character in a source
physical file
B. I stated that I'm using long name for variables and procedures,
thereby I already know what the dot-dot-dot stands for.
C. Since I was talking about having to worry about line wrapping I
already know how the ; (semicolon) works.

Thanks anyway.
Bryce Martin
Programmer/Analyst I
Ext. 4777

Asher613Smith@xxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/22/2009 02:19 PM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: More than 80 columns

There is support for it already...

The ellipsis (...) is used to extend F,D, I, P and O specs to a second
line.

for everything else, there's /Free which extends the C spec to as may
lines
as you want before you end with a semicolon (;).

Yes, I know you knew what a semicolon is. Now you also know what an
ellipsis is. For some reason most people call it dot-dot-dot.

In a message dated 4/22/2009 8:45:42 P.M. Jerusalem Daylight Time,