Hi David,

Yes, that's what I meant to ask. I thought that binding the modules
M1 and M2 meant some kind of copying of the code into the program
object.

Yes. That's the way modules work. Whenever you "bind to a module", it always copies the whole module into your program. That has nothing to do with which type of call you use.

What I wanted to know was, if in M1 I have a CALLP to another
program, then I think the code of that program is not duplicated in
my calling program.

If you're calling a program or a procedure in a service program (as opposed to a module) then the code is not copied into your program. If you're calling a procedure in a module, then it is copied.

But this has to do with where the code resides, and how you bind it. Not how you call it.

It also has nothing to do with the difference between a cycle-main procedure, a non-cycle-main procedure and a subprocedure. They all work the same.

I think the infocenter is saying I can't use CALLP if I've declared
MAIN in the module of the procedure to be called. Does that mean I
need to use the fixed form CALL operation and I can not use a
prototype?

Where does it say /that/ in the InfoCenter?!?!