Hi, I'm having a hard time with QTEMP and the activation group. Please
see the example below.

Job A in the IBM scheduler

call OUTBOUND (Pgm activation group: *CALLER)

OvrDbf FILE(FILEA) TOFILE(QTEMP/FILEA) OVRSCOPE (*ACTGRPDFN)

CALL PGM1 (Pgm activation group: *QILE)

Write to FILEA

Job B in the IBM scheduler

Call SBMPGM (Pgm activation group: *QILE)

SBMJOB XX RQSDTA('CALL SNLPGM (''OUTBOUND '')')

SNLPGM Pgm activation group: *QILE

CALL OUTBOUND Pgm activation group: *CALLER

OvrDbf FILE(FILEA) TOFILE(QTEMP/FILEA) OVRSCOPE
(*ACTGRPDFN)

CALL PGM1 (Pgm activation group: *QILE)

Write to FILEA

Qtemp is always the last library in the library list.

The job A writes to the file in qtemp.

The job B writes to the file in the first librairy in the list, not
QTEMP. The override doesn't work in job B. Why? I know how to fix this,
that's not the issue. I'd like to understand what's happening.

Mathieu Turcotte

Consultant T.I. / I.T. consultant