Potentially yes, likly yes....it was in my, but lucky it was in only one
file. I wrote a program like Vern suggested in the other thread and ran
it agains the file, worked like a charm.

Since then, we took out some of the auto-correction table entries that
cause this problem.

Jeff Davis
Programmer
Dental Network of America
2 Transam Plaza Drive, Suite 500
Oakbrook Terrace, IL. 60181
630.691.0336

"David FOXWELL" <David.FOXWELL@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/31/2009 09:14 AM
Please respond to
"RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"RPG programming on the IBM i / System i" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: RPG reads characters that are invisible to the user.

Thanks Jeff,

I tried your example and I finished with one "." on my DSPF. However, that
got saved to my PF normally without any problems. If I copy and paste a
tabulation from word, I don't see it on the green screen, but I find I end
up with a HEX 15 in my PF.

I am rather puzzled by this, it means that any character field in any of
our files could potentially be contaminated in this fashion.