Another Idea, If the C spec seems fine, maybe there is a problem with
the F spec of the subfile. You must have define the SFILE keyword for
your display file. Check it, maybe a typo was made.

Denis Robitaille
Directeur services technique TI
819 363 6130

SUPPORT
Jour (EST) Daytime : 819-363-6134
En-dehors des heures (EST) After hour : 819-363-6158
Network Status : 819-363-6157

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 2009-03-30 15:13 >>>
This works in 39 other programs, from which we may deduce that its a
*doh* problem. ;)

Is this RRN of the subfile, or of the main file? I am curious why you

readp 10 times to get from 10 to 1? Why not eval RRN=RRN-10, do a
setll at RRN, and then reapdp until (bof) or (RRN-20)?

Still, I am betting its a *duh*. Have you done a 54 compare on that
section of this program and a working program? I say this because you

say you have a clonable program you use to write these new programs.

Blake.Moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello Booth...

The subfile procedure is generically constructed so we can apply it
to a
number of different files (kind of like a fill-in-the-blanks
options).
Most of the files used are well over 2500 records in size.

I have already verified through the debug procedure that the the
relative
record number is set to 10 when the first record is read after a
SETLL is
used for record positioning, then the process does a READPE, with the
RRN
decrementing by one for each record that is read until the subfile is

filled. A subprocedure is in place in case the subfile is only
partially
filled (say there are only 7 records left before hitting the BOF), in

which case the procedure resets to the top of the list and reads
forward.
I've also tried a number of scenarios when paging back and forth to
see if
the RRN is not being properly set, but regrettably, it's resetting
exactly
as required for the paging options.

Have a good day.

Blake Moorcroft
Developer - Corporate
Russell A. Farrow Limited
1980 Ambassador Drive, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9C 3R4
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566, Fax: 519-966-9870
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx

Booth Martin <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/30/2009 02:10 PM
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Subfile reversing display

Standard first question: Would the whole subfile be under 2500
records
if you did a load all? If so, do a load all and forget the paging
business.

Now, to the issue. (sorry for the above preachment.)

It'd be my guess that the subfile is being loaded in the order the
records are being read. That leads me to believe you may have a
reade
or a read mixed up? Perhaps the setll for the page back is not
being
set correctly? Or possibly when reading back 20 (or 10) records and
then
reading forward there is mix up?

Debug might be the quickest way to see what is happening at the
beginning of the page back.

Blake.Moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello all...

I'm running into a really weird situation and I'm wondering if
anyone's
ever encountered it before.

We're generating a subfile with 10 records (one page at a time,
subfile
size and page = 10), nothing fancy, with both regular and hidden
fields.

There are no issues with writing the records themselves.

When paging down (using the roll-up), the records proceed forward 10
at

time in ascending sequence.

If, however, the page up key (roll down) is used, the records appear
in

reversed order - the correct records appear, just out of sequence.
I've

included an example of what's happening:

Screen - starting position:

A Record
B Record
C Record
D Record

Screen after paging down:

E Record
F Record
G Record
H Record

Screen after paging up

D Record
C Record
B Record
A Record.

If we were now to hit the page down key again, we would get

E Record
F Record
G Record
H Record

The procedure is pulling the correct records, it's just not
displaying
them in the proper way.

This subfile procedure is used in a number of programs. I use it
any

time

we need a subfile - basically cloned code. None of the other
programs
that use this code are having the same issue - there are around 40
different programs using it. The logical that is used during the
fill

of

this particular subfile is not unusual - a three key index with

ascending

controls on the keys - there are no omit or select functions. I
have
checked the logical to verify the index properties.

I've checked the clear and display of the subfile and there are no
indicator issues.

I've stepped through the code with the debug procedure and watched
how

it

is writing the records, verifying the contents of each record's
fields

and

the relative record number associated to the record being written -

there

are no issues and the relative record number is being properly
assigned.

Any ideas?

Have a good day

Blake Moorcroft
Developer - Corporate
Russell A. Farrow Limited
1980 Ambassador Drive, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9C 3R4
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566, Fax: 519-966-9870
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx

03/28/09 07:16:00