From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2009 9:59 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: RPG on the Tiobe Index

You're experienced. You're not the growth of the language. Neither am I. We
are the base of the language. And I think that's true for all the languages.
Are they all skewed the same way, and book sales (or whatever) only shows
growth and not usage? And if that's true, then I think it would be safe to
say that those metrics would show the 'health' of the language. Eventually,
every programmer will retire/quit/die/whatever. The language will only life
if new people use it.