Hi Jeff

That is what is so amazing about this discussion point.
I also believed this was not possible.

In fact I have 3 PCs set up JAPANESE , PRC CHINESE and ENGLISH.

From what I see it IS possible to have ONE PC with Iseries
Access for the WEB installed, then recode the DDS so that the
data is stored in UTF-8 or UTF-16 format, then recompile the
RPG programs and you can show MULTIPLE LANGUAGES
SIMULTANEOUSLY.

This is a HOLY GRAIL that I have been looking for for a long time.
That is how to code my RPG programs to handle MULTIPLE
LANGUAGES SIMULTANEOUSLY.
I have not felt this excited for 30 years.

Bruce please correct me if I am mistaken. (I pray my hopes are not dashed.)

Frank Kolmann

date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:10:36 -0600
from: jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: Re: iSeries Access for Windows and unicode

I dont think this is possible. The reason is because Iseries Access uses
the
Windows client language pack. So if you cannot view the data in Windows it
will not work in Iseries Access. We have 2 systems one in Single Byte
(English) and one in Double Byte (Chinese). I have to take Remote Control
of
another pc that is DBCS to allow the Iseries Access. Hope this helps.

Jeff Williams