Hi,
I am writing a purge program. I need to check if the item number
exists in 12 different files. I was going to use count to see if the item
number is in each file, but was wondering if 'Select 1' and check for an
error would be a better approach. I thought I saw something like this
awhile ago, but cannot find it in the archives.

Terri Harteau
Felker Brothers Corporation
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail."
Ralph Waldo Emerson