Greetings from sunny Florida.

This morning on the Midrange List I posed a question on how to get data from
a DB/400 file to an Excel spreadsheet. I will be running an unattended
nightly update of a file which feeds a spreadsheet. I can create the comma
delimited file and link the cells to an XLS spreadsheet, but for the XLS
file to show the freshest data, the linked CSV file must be opened before
the XLS file. This is too many steps to do an inquiry on the data.

Upon further review, I don't need this data to be in a spreadsheet. The
user will not be allowed to update it as updates will come from the DB/400
files which will be the only spot they will be maintained. Any values keyed
to the spreadsheet will be overlaid by the next day. So, if I am to do
output only, why not use RPG to create HTML output or something equally as
exciting? I have not learned to do this as yet (I will at RPG World in
May). I have twelve data fields of a fixed length which need to be output
in a format to be viewed.

What will I need to do or where might I go to see examples of how this is
done? The final product will be accessed from the company website. Right
now, they open an Excel spreadsheet which has not been well maintained.

If you have a solution or code examples to send after 6am eastern time
Thursday, please cc to me at RMunday@xxxxxxxxxxxxx as I have no access to
internet e-mail at work.

Thanks,

Robert Munday