From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M. Lazarus
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:13 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: RE: CHAIN + DS as result field

David,

You're missing the key on the CHAIN! Assuming
that the key is identical for both files, try this:

D WrecordKey DS LIKEREC ( RECORD1 : *Key )
D Wrecord1 DS LIKEREC ( RECORD1 : *INPUT )
D Wrecord2 DS LIKEREC ( RECORD2 : *INPUT )

When condition1
CHAIN WrecordKey FILE1 Wrecord1;
EVAL-CORR Globalrecord= Wrecord1;

When condition2