Be aware that QZRUCLSP can only handle 10i0 return values, and only
supports up to 7 parameters. It is a good suggestion though.

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark S. Waterbury
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:39 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i
Subject: Re: Best practices for using code in a mixed OPM/ILE
environment

Hi, John:

Since V4R4, there is an API called QZRUCLSP that allows OPM programs to
call a procedure in a service program. (See the InfoCenter API finder
for details.)

Or, you could always write a small "wrapper" or "jacket" program that is

an ILE bound *PGM that calls the service program procedure, and can be
called directly by OPM *PGMs (possible since V2R3).

Cheers,

Mark S. Waterbury

John McKay wrote:
I don't believe it is possible to do make an OPM interact with a
service
program.

The best practice would be to merge the program with the subprocedure
in the
source,
either inline or with copybooks.

I have an expanded copybook precompile at
www.rpglanguage.com/copybook.html.

It allows for copy by line number, so all your subprocedure can be in
one
source member.

Regards,
John McKay mba