Yep Larry - that is what I confirmed and posted here a while ago - guess I just needed some idle activity this morning!

It goes without saying - *ENTRY PLIST does nothing for you, other than give the list - a main procedure prototype helps to ensure the correct data types - or at least matching.

Do I remember right? The C/C++ functions are all procedures? I think they are all in a service program or 2.

Later
Vern

Larry Ducie wrote:
Guys,
During our conversations comparing CONST and VALUE I think we should remember that it is not possible to pass a parameter by VALUE to an external program. It is only valid on a bound call. So comparing CONST and VALUE when referencing program calls and/or the use of a *ENTRY PLIST in the callee is moot.
Defining the VALUE keyword for a parameter on a prototype for a program call (EXTPGM) will result in a failed compile with the error:
RNF3754 - A parameter cannot be passed by value to a program. I know most will know this, but some posts would suggest that not all of us do. Cheers
Want to marry your mail? Combine your email accounts here!
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=669758