Actually you can use the both files with the same record format in one
routine.

On the F Spec simply rename one of the record formats. This way the
fields don't change.

Then if you want to rename just one field, you use the I spec to rename
a field.
If you want to rename all fields use the prefix on the F Spec.

Assume both files have the format CHAMARA1R.

FCHAMARA1 IF E DISK
// CHARMARA1 has: SHAREDKEY and OTHERFLD and NUM1

FCHAMARA2 IF E DISK rename(Chamara1r: input)
// CHARMARA2 has: SHAREDKEY and OTHERCOL and NUM1

ICHAMARA1R NS 01
I SHAREDKEY XSHAREDKEY

The overlapping field would be NUM1. The data would be from the last
file read.
Where SHAREDKEY is from RA1 and XSHAREDKEY is from RA2.

Sharon Wintermute