De : rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de Evan Harris
Envoyé : mardi 13 janvier 2009 12:05
À : 'RPG programming on the IBM i / System i'
Objet : RE: Uncertain on CHAIN vs. SETLL/READE

Hi David

A very quick google turns up the following from the DDS Reference: Physical and Logical Files:

"FIFO (First-In First-Out) keyword for physical and logical files Use this file-level keyword to specify that if records with duplicate key values are retrieved from the same physical or logical file member, they are to be retrieved in a first-in first-out (FIFO) order."

The other two abbreviations:

FCFO (First-Changed First-Out) keyword for physical and logical files LIFO (Last-In First-Out) keyword for physical and logical files

This is what a cursory read of Simons email and a bit of thought about it suggested to me but I confirmed it in the manual anyway. Hope it helps you.

Give your apparent time limitations, can I ask - are you OK for socks and undies as well ? :)

Regards
Evan Harris

Please take this in the good humour it was intended ! :)