First off,

If you're trying to replace RPG op-codes directly with their SQL
equivalent, you're going down the wrong path.

Performance will suck, and you've not added any value to the process.

You really need to re-write the app to take advantage of SQL's
set-at-a-time nature instead of RPG's record-at-a-time.

Charles