Hi,

When removing the XML declaration I always get the
UTFDataFormatException.

Yes, it is concatenated in the program... below is the code snippet;

/COPY QXMLDEV550/QRPGLESRC,QXML4PR550

DpBuffer S *
DBufferID S 16
DpBufferID S * Inz(%Addr(BufferID))
DpMessage S * Inz(%Addr(Message))
DMessage S 65535 Varying
DpParser S *
DpDomExcDta S * Inz(%Addr(Qxml_DOMEXCDATA))
DpEnvData S * Inz(%Addr(Qxml_SaxExcData))
DLog S 512 Varying

/free
Message =
// '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ibm037" ?>'
// '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>'
// '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>'
'<root><node>'
+ '<Object>'
//+ '<![CDATA[This is <a> test.]]>'
+ 'This is a test.'
+ '</Object>'
+ '</node></root>';

QxmlInit(pDomExcDta);
pParser = QxmlXercesDOMParser_new(pEnvData);

%Str(pBufferID: 16) = 'TestID';
pBuffer = QxmlMemBufInputSource_new(pMessage + 2: %Len(Message):
pBufferID: Qxml_JOBCCSID: 0: 0);

QxmlXercesDOMParser_setValidationScheme(pParser: Qxml_VALAU);

QxmlXercesDOMParser_setValidationSchemaFullChecking(pParser:
Qxml_VALNO);

QxmlXercesDOMParser_setIncludeIgnorableWhitespace(pParser:
Qxml_WHTSP);

QxmlXercesDOMParser_parse_InputSource(pParser: pBuffer);
If Qxml_ErrorType <> Qxml_NOERROR;
Log = %Trim(Qxml_ErrMsg) + ' at line ' + %Char(Qxml_RtnLine)
+ ' column ' + %Char(Qxml_RtnCol);
EndIf;

Kind regards,
Paul