David

You probably have not lost any code - the last 20 characters of the record are comments in fixed-column format - I forget about free form. But the compiler does insist on a record length of 112, as far as I know.

HTH
Vern

David FOXWELL wrote:
Hi,

A colleague has a problem while testing his installation process. The SQLRPGLE in several libraries need to be recompiled. However, one particular library seemed to pose a problem and all the compiles failed. None of the sources had been modified.

In the job log after CRTSQLRPGI OBJ(SQLOBJ) RPGPPOPT(*LVL1) we were getting strange messages.

I executed this command interactively and got this on the message line :
Membre SQLOBJ du fichier QSQLPRE de QTEMP non trouvé. (not found)

Which is false, the member was created in QTEMP. F1 on the message then F10 gives :

CRTSQLRPGI OBJ(SQLOBJ) RPGPPOPT(*LVL1)
Fichier QSQLPRE créé dans la bibliothèque QTEMP.
Membre SQLOBJ ajouté au fichier QSQLPRE de QTEMP.
Membre SQLOBJ du fichier QSQLPRE de QTEMP modifié.
Contrôle de diagnostic du source terminé. Gravité maximale 00.
Propriété de l'objet RETURNCODE de QTEMP, type *DTAARA modifiée.
Zone de données RETURNCODE créée dans bibliothèque QTEMP.
Membre SQLOBJ du fichier QRPGLESRC de MYLIB déjà ouvert ou comporte
une erreur.
Membre SQLOBJ du fichier QSQLPRE de QTEMP non trouvé.
La précompilation SQL n'a pas abouti.

The error was provoked by a problem with QRPGLESRC. I looked and found that it seems to have been modified to a record length of 92. I copied the source to another file of 112 long and the compile went ahead OK.

I am presuming that someone has modified QRPGLESRC between now and the creation date of the module. Or is it possible that CRTSQLRPGI worked but no longer works with a file length of 92?

I could restore the SRCPF from a tape at the date of creation of the module if I have to.

Is it possible that information from the source has been lost, yet the module still compiles? I think there is a risk although small.

Thanks.