Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info - much appreciated as always :) ....and to every one
else thanks for the feedback.

We are currently on V5R3M0, will get in contact with IBM....

Kind regards,

Prevesh Kuni
RPG Developer
Business Systems Atlas Copco ASAP Southern Africa
P.O. Box 14110
Witfield
1467
South Africa

Phone: +27 (0)11 821 9000 - Phone dir.: +27 (0)11 821 9245 - Mobile: +27
(0)83 679 8197 - Fax: +27 (0)11 821 9523
E-mail: prevesh.kuni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Visit Atlas Copco at: www.atlascopco.com
We are committed to your superior productivity through interaction and
innovation

Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
2008/11/10 07:57 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Cryptographic Access Provider

Hello Prevesh,

I'm trying to use the Qc3EncryptData and Qc3DecryptData APIs, however
I am getting the following error when running my program:

What release of i5/OS are you running? If you are on V5R3 or earlier,
you'll need to install an additional licpgm, which is 5722-AC3. It does
not come with the OS/400 CDs, you have to order it seperately from IBM
(or your business partner). But, it's usually a no-charge item.

In V5R4, this is no longer required. There's a new LPO called 5722-NAE
that's required for certain functionality, but I don't think it's
required for what you're doing. 5722-NAE should've been shipped with
the operating system CDs.

5722SS1 35 OS/400 - CCA Cryptographic Service Provider but the
status says *COMPATIBLE and not *INSTALLED,

Yes, this is what it should say. *COMPATIBLE is better than *INSTALLED.
*INSTALLED only means that the software has been installed -- the
computer cannot detect whether it's compatible with your release.
*COMPATIBLE means that it has been installed *and* it's compatible with
your release. *COMPATIBLE is a good thing.

Most of your installed licpgms should say *COMPATIBLE.

But, 5722-SS1, opt 35 doesn't contain everything you need if you're on
V5R3 or older. You need to have 5722-AC3 as well.