You're right. The other way of looking at it is that once 5722SS1 is removed, the system is pretty well locked down which removes the need to encrypting stuff.

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Ryan
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 9:32 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Cryptographic Access Provider

You only want to remove option 35 of 5722SS1, right? Removing the OS
would be a drag I think. :)

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Haas, Matt (CL Tech Sv)
<matt.haas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You have an old version of the program. You need to remove 5722SS1 and install 5722AC3. Also, if you are using SSL certificates for anything (like HTTP or FTP servers), make sure you export them and any CA certificates you may have installed before doing anything. It's been a while since we went through this but I think you'll have to create a new *SYSTEM key store and set up your SSL certificates again.

Matt