Hello,

It shold be easy either with Java or reading the IFS from RPG. The question is to know in which directory the mails are stored.
I think it is a very bad idea to go to an outside solution just because you don't know the directory.

I think it's a bad idea to learn which directory a particular piece of software stores it's data in, and then try to read the contents directly from that directory!

You should be using a sanctioned interface. Either set up an MSF exit point, or a POP3 client that gets the message and processes it.

Don't try to read the raw data directly! If they change anything in the way it works, it'd break your application! Easy/400 has a POP3 program available for free if you're scared of writing your own.

Not sure if they have tools for interpreting the MIME format or decoding attachments, though. I do have a base64 decoder (which is a part of it, but not all of it) on my site if you like.

For a long time I've been planning to write a MAILAPI toolkit to go with my existing FTPAPI and HTTPAPI tools to provide native RPG e-mail APIs, but I never seem to have time to work on it. If only I could be cloned!