Read up on APIs QLGSORT and QLGSRTIO. I have used these in a couple of
programs where I couldn't just read a new logical file and reload the
subfile with new data each time I wanted to resort the subfile list. These
APIs allowed me to load the data from the subfile into it and sort it any
way that I wanted. I could then read the data in the resorted order from
the API and reload the subfile with the same data. This allowed me to keep
any options that user had keyed next to a subfile record,
but hadn't hit the Enter key yet to process.

The APIs were a bit complicated/confusing the first time I used them. But,
once I got a handle on how they worked, I was able to copy this into other
programs with no problems.