Arron,
I thought he was writing it as well, but that could still give you a out of
memory error. I believe this is why, can't remember for sure, I determined
that POI loads the whole spread sheet into memory. I wrote a class to write
a ResultSet to a spreadsheet and would occasionally get an out of memory
error. In these cases, as far as I can remember, the spreadsheets were never
written.

Anyhow, thanks for the link to the XML tip. I'm not really a fan either of
Open XML because OpenOffice and other have been using a different one for a
while. It would be nice to have a standard so tools like RPG-XML suite could
easily be used to write spreadsheets for ANYONE to open.

Now that I'm totally off topic, I'll just quit writing now ;-)

--
James R. Perkins