Buzz,

Frankly, I simplify things as follows:

1. Change the DDS to simply refer to the 10-byte program name:

A R ERRSFL SFL
A SFLMSGRCD(8)
A MSGKEY SFLMSGKEY
A PGMNAM SFLPGMQ
A R ERRCTL SFLCTL(ERRSFL) OVERLAY
A WINDOW(NTRKEY)
A LOCK
A SFLSIZ(50) SFLPAG(1)
A 03 SFLEND
A 03 SFLDSP
A 03 SFLDSPCTL
A 03 SFLINZ
A PGMNAM SFLPGMQ

2. Change the API calls to simply send messages to the program message queue
(which can be retrieved from the SDS, defined at the global level):

D PgmSDS SDS
D PgmNam 10A
C callp SndPgmMsg('CPF9897': 'QCPFMSG *LIBL':
C errTxt: wwMsgLen: '*INFO':PgmNam:
C 0: wwTheKey: dsEC);
C callp RmvPgmMsg(PgmNam:0:' ':'*ALL':dsEC);

It's also much simpler to understand for the next person.

HTH,

Rory