Thanks Matt.

And the reason (apparently?) is unknown to me in this early juncture
Of my rpg web programming endeavors - BUT -

I switched it to be a standalone call to the rpg (cgi) pgm and
I added an updhtmlvar() line ahead of the first write, it started
working. It wasn't a variable that existed in the template, but that
didn't seem to matter.

John B

date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:36:09 -0400
from: "Haas, Matt (CL Tech Sv)" <matt.haas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: CGIDEV2 - Apache - Premature end of script headers error
message.

You are not writing out the proper HTTP headers (if you look in your
access log, you'll see a 500 level error). You need to return at least
this:

content-type: text/html
<blank line>

"<blank line>" is just a line with a CR and LF and the end.

Matt