Rory Hewitt wrote:
Define output fields in the subfile and then load them in the program from
your message file. That should do it... Not sure why you can't use MSGID's
in the *DSPF, but no doubt someone else will chime in.

That may or may not work ... depending on how you do the subfile.

Caveat: I don't claim to be a subfile expert.

We ran into a similar problem while trying to internationalize some display programs ... the MSGID keyword wouldn't work on a subfile (MSGCON, however, will work). So we _tried_ using output fields in the subfile and loading the fields with content pulled in from message files.

Problem was, we didn't load the subfile with blank records ... so any records that were not written to the subfile prior to it's display didn't have the output fields initialized and ended up blank.

To be honest, I don't know where that ended up ... as I went on vacation just as it was happening :)

david