I have a program that uses a barcode reader as a keyboard (or you can key
the barcode).
This program builds and updates a subfile and displays the status of the
pack telling the user how many boxes still need to be packed.
No problems at all with the program.
I am now adding a dataq so that a wireless handheld adds the same entry
through the dataq and it can be processed as is with little or no operator
changes.
The first screen which asks for order number and pick number works perfectly
through the dataq (this builds the subfile)
Now the HDMA label is read (or a sequence number for RFID) and everything
again works well until a chain to the SUBFILE is done (to substract quantity
and calculate the remaining on the screen).
I am getting a status of 1255 (Session or device error occurred. Recovery
may be possible).

Does anyone know a way around this error?
I've tried everything I can think of to access the subfile.
I think because the screen has not been read, it won't allow access to the
subfile.
The screen is set with WaitRcd *Immed and is overridden at initialization
for DTAQ (user's name) and is USROPN.

TIA,

Craig