From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David FOXWELL
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2008 2:58 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Question about service programs

Hi,

As a preliminary to my "go forward plan" as Mark put it, I'd like to be
able to determine how many times the same module is bound by copy to a
program. I'd like to be able to have an idea as to how much memory we
could save. We have one big module that is frequently modified by calls
to procedures in new modules. As this big module is bound to many
programs, such a modification involves adding the new module to all the
BNDDIR of all the programs that bind in the big module. If I understand
correctly, that means every time a new module is added, it is copied as
many times as there are programs that find themselves bound to the big
module. To make things worse, more and more programs are binding in this
big module. The disk space is decreasing therefore exponentially.

Now in DSPPGM, I can't get the results into a file. Anyone help out here
?
Thanks