As previous posted, a data queue server is not shared activation or interactive. It is just a submitted batch program that sits and waits for requests, performs the request and either sends back a result or waits for the next request.

Also, if you are receiving requests from multiple jobs that are interactive or batch, you are going to need a unique key for each record and write out a result using a key so that the sending programs are going to which record belongs to them.

It might help some if you were to give us an idea of what you trying to accomplish.

From: "Charles St-Laurent" <dringpiece@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi!

I want to implement a DTAQ server this way:
1) I start the server in a named shared activation group
2) Each time my server receives a request, a paramater is received to
indicate if the request has to be executed as an interactive or as a batch
job, using my shared activation group

The reason I want to use shared activation groups is: I want to load my
service programs once and keep the files opened between calls until the end
of my activation group

I want to reuse previously loaded programs and previously created open paths
to my files, so my data files won't be opened / closed each time I execute
my SRVPGMs from within my DTAQ server. Two scenarios are possible:

1) My DTAQ server receives a request to execute my programs in interactive
mode and reuse previously loaded programs and previously opened files
2) My DTAQ server receives a request to execute my programs in batch mode
and reuse previously loaded programs and previously opened files

Most of my programs uses embedded SQL to select records from files.
Actually, programs prepare the statement, declare a cursor, open the cursor,
do fetch(es) and close the cursor.

I didn't find any documentation related to shared activation groups. No
example at all. Can you please help me?
Or if you have a better idea about how to do what I want to do, all
suggestions are welcome...

Charles St-Laurent
Consultant Berco
Technologies
Industrielle Alliance, Assurance auto et habitation
Téléphone : 418 650-4600, poste 3216
Sans frais : 1 800 463-4382
Télécopieur : 418 650-4612
Sans frais : 1 877 650-4612