Other than that, each time you start up a job, the service programs are going to get loaded and unloaded when the job ends.

From: "Charles St-Laurent" <dringpiece@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi!

I wonder if what I want to do is possible on iSeries (V5R4).

I want to load many service programs in a kind of shared memory and then use
the loaded service programs from interactive or batch jobs, so the loaded
programs won't be loaded each time I start a new batch or interactive job
that wants to use them.

For example:

1) I load all my service programs once and initialize them correctly
2a) I submit a job and I want the submitted job to use the loaded service
programs that have been loaded previously and passing them parameters
2b) I launch an interactive job and I want this interactive job to use
service programs that have been loaded previously and passing them
parameters

I read about activation groups. Activation groups are effective within the
same job. But in my case, I also want to use persistent programs between
jobs (each batch job is a new job and I don't want my service programs to be
allocated/released each time). I want my batch jobs to execute previously
loaded service programs, each time with different parameter values.

Charles St-Laurent
Consultant Berco
Technologies
Industrielle Alliance, Assurance auto et habitation
Téléphone : 418 650-4600, poste 3216
Sans frais : 1 800 463-4382
Télécopieur : 418 650-4612
Sans frais : 1 877 650-4612