You can, also, figure out which QZDASOINIT job you are running the stored procedure in and then look at the job log for that call.

From: "Dave Boettcher" <DBoettch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Maybe I am easily confused, but are you trying to create and pass the result set
with an RPG program, or are you trying to read a result set with an RPG program?

If the latter, I have had no success in accepting a result set as an input to an
RPG program. I have been told at some later releases that there may be a way to
make it work, but haven't tried it yet.

hth,

Dave B

"Wagner, Linda" <Linda.Wagner@xxxxxxxxxxx> 07/23/08 3:43 PM >>>

Charles, Yes, I've tried running it "with return" and just returning the
open cursor. I also tried declaring it without that and using the "set
result sets". Same results both times. I've also tried it with *endactgrp
and *endmod for the closqlcsr. Again, same results.

Buck, the message I'm referring to is the second level text for SQL7962:

Message . . . . : Cursor C1 opened.

Cause . . . . . : The cursor was opened with result set identifier of 0.
If the result set identifier is non-zero, the result table for this cursor
is eligible to be accessed as a stored procedure result set.

The only other message I get regarding this is SQL7995: 0 result sets
processed by the SET RESULT SETS.

Linda

Charles wrote:

Are you using DECLARE C1 CURSOR WITH RETURN FOR S1?

Also, make sure that nobody has change the default for CLSSQLCSR on the
CRTSQLxxx command ( or use a
SET OPTION statement in the code to control it)

HTH,

Charles Wilt

Buck wrote:

OK, what messages are you seeing in the job log? Can you post the message
ID (SQLnnnn)?
--buck