You can chain by just CO#, just make sure you KLIST has just the CO# in it.

So if sometimes you want both, and sometimes you only want CO#, you'd need 2 KLISTs.

But why are you still using KLISTs? This isn't RPG III. (Which worked the same way BTW)

For RPG IV, a better solution is to use a list of values or %kds.

Chain (CO#:RestNum) MyFile;
Chain (CO#) MyFile;

D MyFileKeys ds extname(myfile:*KEY)

Chain %kds(MyFileKeys) MyFile;
Chain %kds(MyFileKeys:1) MyFile;

The last example above chains with only the 1st key field even though the MyFileKeys data structure
contains all key fields.

HTH,

Charles Wilt
--