Adam,

Since these are fields in a file, you could try this utility, about which I
wrote an article in iSeriesNews in November 2006:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/prcfldsp-utility-service-program.

D Field S 10A Inz
D RcdFmt E DS Extname(MONTHRATE)
/free
// Automatically load the RcdFmt data-structure

read MONTHRATE;
// If Field = 'RATE07', this will return the value in RATE07

return GetFldVal( 'MONTHRATE' : Field : %addr( RcdFmt ) );

/end-free

Having said all that, it might make just as much sense here to use a SELECT
statement, since we're only talking about 12 fields:

/free

select;
when Field = 'RATE01';
return RATE01;