From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 1:47 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: SQL0084

At one time I reported a precompiler bug that showed the wrong
statement
in error
http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/200309/msg00368.html
For example, instead of looking at the statement on 163, look at an
earlier statement.

But, since you just upgraded, and this was supposed to work previously,
let's first look at what you get for WRKPTFGRP. Paste please.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Bruce Collins <Bruce.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
07/11/2008 02:33 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
SQL0084

We just upgraded a partition from V5R3M0 to V5R4M0 with latest CUME,
Hipers and Groups. When Trying to compile an SQLRPGLE program I am now
getting this error. It works fine under V5R3. Any ideas.

Thanks

Hoss

pgetChildren b
dgetChildren pi
/free
// *****************************************************
EXEC SQL
Line 163 --> SET OPTION NAMING = *SQL, DATFMT = *ISO, COMMIT=*NONE,
CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD;
// By using the PREPARE statement it allows us to send the
statement
// to the SQL engine for analysis.
Exec Sql
Prepare S1 From :Sql;
// The Declare statement analyzes its associated SQL Statment,
// determines that columns are returned, and defines a record
buffer
// to hold the data that will be returned when the statement
executes.
Exec Sql
Declare C1 Cursor For S1;
// I just named the Cursor C1. I cold have named it anything.
// the Open statement Identifies which SQL Cursor to open.

SQL = %TRIM(SQL) + SELECT;
SQL = %TRIM(SQL) + RQUOTE + NATLCUSTIN + RQUOTE;
SQL = %TRIM(SQL) + SELECT2

5722ST1 V5R4M0 060210 Create SQL ILE RPG Object RPNATLCUSX
07/11/08 08:18:44 Page 1
Source type...............RPG
Object name...............LAWAAA/RPNATLCUSX
Source file...............LAWAAA/QRPGLESRC
Member....................RPNATLCUSX
To source file............QTEMP/QSQLTEMP1
Options...................*XREF
RPG preprocessor options..*NONE
Listing option............*NONE
Target release............V5R4M0
INCLUDE file..............*SRCFILE
Commit....................*CHG
Allow copy of data........*OPTIMIZE
Close SQL cursor..........*ENDACTGRP
Allow blocking............*ALLREAD
Delay PREPARE.............*YES
Generation level..........10
Printer file..............*LIBL/QSYSPRT
Date format...............*JOB
Date separator............*JOB
Time format...............*HMS
Time separator ...........*JOB
Replace...................*YES
Relational database.......*LOCAL
User .....................*CURRENT
RDB connect method........*DUW
Default collection........*NONE
Dynamic default
collection..............*NO
Package name..............*OBJLIB/*OBJ
Path......................*NAMING
SQL rules.................*DB2
Created object type.......*PGM
Debugging view............*NONE
User profile .............*NAMING
Dynamic user profile......*USER
Sort sequence.............*JOB
Language ID...............*JOB
IBM SQL flagging..........*NOFLAG
ANS flagging..............*NONE
Text......................*SRCMBRTXT
Source file CCSID.........37
Job CCSID.................37
Decimal result options:
Maximum precision.......31
Maximum scale...........31
Minimum divide scale....0
Compiler options..........*NONE
Source member changed on 07/08/08 14:40:31
5722ST1 V5R4M0 060210 Create SQL ILE RPG Object RPNATLCUSX
07/11/08 08:18:44 Page 2
Record *...+... 1 ...+... 2 ...+... 3 ...+... 4 ...+... 5 ...+... 6
...+... 7 ...+... 8 SEQNBR Last change Comments
164 CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD; 16400
07/08/08
164 CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD; 16400
07/08/08
164 CLOSQLCSR = *ENDMOD; 16400
07/08/08
5722ST1 V5R4M0 060210 Create SQL ILE RPG Object RPNATLCUSX
07/11/08 08:18:44 Page 3M1
DIAGNOSTIC MESSAGES
MSG ID SEV RECORD TEXT
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option NAMING changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option COMMIT changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option DATFMT changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option CLOSQLCSR changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option NAMING changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option COMMIT changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option DATFMT changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL5066 0 163 Precompile option CLOSQLCSR changed by SET OPTION
statement.
SQL0084 30 163 Position 26 SQL statement not allowed.
Message Summary
Total Info Warning Error Severe Terminal
15 12 0 0 3 0
30 level severity errors found in source
385 Source records processed
* * * * * E N D O F L I S T I N G *
* *
* *