From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:58 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Is RPG 'DEAD"

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:31 AM, <Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>no try ... catch .... </SNIP>

Then what is???

Monitor;
On-Error;
EndMon;

it is no where as comprehensive and feature rich as exception handling
in java or c#. In RPG if an *escape message is sent to a procedure
lower on the invocation stack, your on-error ... endmon code will not be
executed. In C#, the try ... finally handler will be called. You can
rig the equivalent to try finally in RPG and ILE, but it is a lot of
code.