From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Murphy, Mark
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:01 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Trigger programme without a trigger.

Do it asynchronously using MQ Series.

Set up a database trigger that will add a message to an "e-mail queue"
using Syncpoint control when commitment control is active.

Set up your "e-mail queue" with a trigger to start a program that will
send the e-mail whenever a message hits the queue. Or use a never
ending program to wait for a message to hit the queue.

Under sync point control an uncommitted message cannot be read from the
queue, so the e-mail will not be sent until the transaction is
successfully committed.