One thing I noticed though with /FREE and embedded sql is that the SEU
editor balks at the EXEC SQL line......

You would think that IBM would have ensured no problems......

From:
Luis Rodriguez <luis.rodriguez2@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
05/22/2008 08:58 PM
Re: Question on SQL Table (DDL) with date and time fields

Bruce,

It is available to V5R3 users, too, thru PTFs.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez
--- rpg400-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

------------------------------

message: 3
date: Thu, 22 May 2008 17:33:27 -0400
from: R Bruce Hoffman <bruce>
subject: Re: Question on SQL Table (DDL) with date and
time fields

Free format is V5R4, there are no C's in column 6, no "+"
signs in
column 7 and instead of end-exec, you use a semi-colon,
but you still
use EXEC SQL to begin the statement.

Doug Palme wrote:
I appreciate that Luis, and that very well may be the
way I
go....especially since I am so far unable to get the
embedded SQL to work
in free format, and I am not going to change that

I am liking free far too much to go back the other
direction.

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert
eServer i5 iSeries Technical Solutions