From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Adam West
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 12:28 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: A Printer File (PRTF) and the O-Specs in the same program?

I was thinking on my flight, that is it possible to combine the Prtf which I
really only need one field to be Barcode, instead of re-writing the legacy to a
PRTF, which is very cumbersome for the following reasons:

there is alot of formats conditioned by various indicators, using the same field
name but it won't compile as a PRTF unless you make new format names for each
case. \
2. I am still not happy replacing the Overflow logic controlled by the cycle
with some kind of line counting.

So can I have the PRTF by itself, just the one field and I think I can get it to
print on first line, it really just has to be on the printout for use for UPS
Worldship?

Will this work coexisting ?

Tot Ziens,
Adam