Would an auto-enter on the field fire if a tab key was used to exit the field? You might be able to turn on auto-enter and if tab fired that condition the program would get control but you would see that the enter key was pressed, not that tab was pressed, but this might give you enough to do what you wanted to do with a tab key (like maybe lookup a description to put out on the screen)

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Palme
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:21 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: AW: Quick question on indicators - more philosophical than anything else

I figured that, but thought there might be a work around I had never heard
of.....oh well it was a thought....

From:
Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:
Date:
05/14/2008 09:10 AM
Re: AW: Quick question on indicators - more philosophical than
anything else

no...the TAB key doesn't return control to the program so there's no way
you could check for a TAB.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

Re: AW: Quick question on indicators - more philosophical than
anything else

And does it fire on a tab key?