From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of KSwanso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 11:49 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Unable to allocate record in Physical File

Currently users are receiving this message in production. What I am trying
to do is monitor for %status 1218 and use the Program Status Data
Structure to get the Exception error information fields 91 - 170. Numerous
posts on various forums indicate that this field should contain the a
message along the lines of " Record 125059 in use by job
070608/USERNAME/WPDP609AS4."

However the only message that I see in fields 91 - 170 is: "Unable to
allocate a record in file CDIARYP"

Here is a copy of my job log after the run with a locked record.

Record 125059 in use by job 070608/KSWANSO/WPDP609AS4.
? C
Record 125059 in use by job 070608/KSWANSO/WPDP609AS4.
? C
Unable to allocate a record in file CDIARYP.

Now it looks like I have responded to the record in use by job error
message, but I am not responding, it appears to be doing it by itself...

Any suggestions on to how I can get it to either A, not auto reply to the
error message, or B retrieve the prior message using the PSDS?

Thanks
Kevin Swanson