I'm wondering if anyone has run into this problem before. There's nothing
like it in the archives that I've been able to find.

I'm doing a retrieval using SQL in RPG ILE (V5R3) (first time developing in
SQL ILE as well) and I am getting a decimal data error on a packed field.
A file spec is listed below for an SQL generated table. After dumping the
data log to check the contents, I find that the contents of the field value
(QUANTITY) appears to indicate that the packed value is a null, based on
the dump log's results.

The actual data on this record is not null but in fact is populated with a
non-zero positive number. A check of the log dump indicates that this
positive number appears to have been moved into the UOM character field
that immediately follows the QUANTITY field in the record. I also noticed
that the UNITPRICE field is also considered as null, even though there is
valid data in the field.

CCINO BINARY 9 0 4 1 Both CCINO
Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : None
LINENO BINARY 9 0 4 5 Both LINENO
PARTNO CHAR 40 42 9 Both PARTNO
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :
*NULL
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
PARTDESC CHAR 100 102 51 Both PARTDES
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Default value . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *NULL
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
ORIGIN CHAR 3 5 153 Both ORIGIN
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
*NULL
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
HSCODE CHAR 13 15 158 Both HSCODE
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
SERIALNO CHAR 20 22 173 Both SERIALNO
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
JOBREF CHAR 20 22 195 Both JOBREF
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
QUANTITY PACKED 13 5 7 217 Both QUANTITY
Allows the null value
UOM CHAR 3 5 224 Both UOM
Variable length field -- Allocated length : None
Allows the null value
Coded Character Set Identifier . . . . . : 37
UNITPRICE PACKED 13 5 7 229 Both UNITPRICE
Allows the null value

Is there something unusual about packed fields being retrieved via SQL? I
have a null indicator array defined for retrieval to handle the null
fields. The SQL for the retrieval is provided below:
*
* Data structure for SQL result set for CCILINES read
D DetailSet E DS extname(CCILINES)
D prefix(D_)
*
D DetailInd S 5I 0 dim(11)
*
*
C/EXEC SQL
C+ Declare C02 CURSOR FOR
C+ Select B.CCINO, B.LINENO, B.PARTNO, B.PARTDESC,
C+ B.ORIGIN, B.HSCODE, B.HSCODE, B.SERIALNO,
C+ B.JOBREF, B.QUANTITY, B.UOM, B.UNITPRICE
C+ FROM CCILINES B
C+ WHERE B.CCINO = :CCINO_Nbr
C+ ORDER BY B.CCINO, B.LINENO
C/END-EXEC
*
* Open cursor to prep for reading of file
C/EXEC SQL
C+ Open C02
C/END-EXEC
*
* Read first record from cursor
C/EXEC SQL
C+ Fetch Next from C02 into :DetailSet:DetailInd
C/END-EXEC

Any help for a newbie is greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.

Blake Moorcroft
Developer - Corporate
Russell A. Farrow Limited
1980 Ambassador Drive, PO Box 333, Windsor, Ontario N9C 3R4
Bus: 519-966-3003 ext. 566, Fax: 519-966-9870
blake.moorcroft@xxxxxxxxxx