Like most people, I strongly suggest using a separate member for the
prototype.

I used to use the /define method but I ran into a problem with RPGSQL
type of program. The /copy was processed twice if I remember. It was
because of the SQL preprocessor or something. That is when I abandoned
the /define method.

"Bruce Guetzkow" <bruceg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 2008-03-20 12:27

All:

I know I've seen this done before but after 30 minutes of searching
through
the archives I can't find it...

I am currently keeping RPGLE procedure prototypes in a separate source
file
member (QCPYSRC) and using /copy in both the procedure source and the
caller
to bring in the prototypes for compiling. I have seen people use
compiler
directives to keep the prototype directly in the procedure source and
/copy
the procedure source into the caller. Based on the directives the
caller
only sees the prototypes.

Can someone share some sample code that I can review? I'm considering
doing
this for a new application I'm working on, but want to see how involved
it
is to make it work before I decide on a direction. If there is an
example
in the archives (and I'm sure there is, but since I can't even manage
work the fax machine today...), please just point me there and I'll
stare at
it for a while.

Thanks in advance,
--Bruce Guetzkow