In my opinion a good programmer would not write two times the same program
(even if the subfile changes it is the same logic). This adds nothing
exciting, just makes the job boring, struggeling with the same errors all
the time.

After I created the second program to display the records from a file in
subfile I have thought about an automated way to do this, so right now I am
using a code generator I have created. You just have to define the table
structure and all the programs are there - simple as that, in 5 minutes. So
I have more time to think about nice algorithms rather printing a simple
subfile. But probably this is just because I am lazy, lazy to do the same
thing twice when you can easily automate it.

Mihai
http://www.rpgcrud.ro